Saturday, December 14, 2013

CREATING A PAINTING FROM MY IMAGINATION-DIGITALLY!

Hi everyone,

Here is my latest digital oil created from scratch by just delicately layering brushwork-a little here and a little there…I built up the painting over 3 days time using only 2 of my new digital Photoshop brushes that will be in your workshop files, the ROUGH SKETCH BRUSH and the PENCIL SKETCH BRUSH.  

In the workshop we will not only learn to paint from photos but from our imagination as well!

SUNSET FOREST
By Manipulating the brushes and using them as Mixer brushes, I came up with a whole range of painterly effects.  Here are some close-up views of the brushwork details: (Click on the images and they will be enlarged on your screen.)











These paintings are not that difficult to create.  Experiment-but remember to keep your focal point in mind at all times!  (Can you see where my focal point is in the image of the full painting?)


Now here's an image of just a part of my layers palette, showing how I built up the painting in tiny increments.  I ended up with a grand total of 73 layers!




No comments:

Post a Comment